Contact lens wear is safe during the pandemic if you follow the following guidelines:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds and dry with an unused paper towel.
2. Unless your lenses are daily disposables, be sure to clean and disinfect your lenses upon removal every night.
3. Do not "top off" your solutions; use fresh solution daily.
4. Replace your lens case and your solutions at least every month.
5. Do not use tap water with your contact lenses.
6. If you feel ill with cold or flu-like symptoms, you should discontinue contact lens wear during this time period.